berries, their fragrance is oh so refreshing, & they literally burst with flavour when you sink your teeth into them. whether they are fresh, frozen, dried or canned, berries are one of the healthiest fruits you can eat. so why not incorporate them into a berry-fantastic smoothie?! sounds like a no brainer to me, but why exactly do we love berries so much?
they are FULL of antioxidants! so what does that mean? antioxidants help fight oxidative stress & damage to cells in the body. oxidation is a normal function of the body, but chronic stress, anxiety, & fatigue can accelerate the rate of oxidation, creating highly unstable molecules that have the potential to be destructive to cellular components like DNA & cell membranes. without proper defences to combat oxidative stress & free radicle damage, the start of disease may result. to reduce the rate or free radicles & protect cells, eating a diet rich in plant foods which contain health supporting phytonutrients is HIGHLY encouraged!
what you'll need:
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (plant or whey)
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (blueberries & strawberries)
- 1/2 cup frozen kale
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth
- Natures path coconut chia superflakes
- unsweetened coconut ribbons