Zesty Orange & Macadamia Nut Bliss Ball
Craving something refreshing & sweet without the added sugar? These zesty orange bliss balls are the perfect afternoon snack or late night bite, made from whole food ingredients that are perfect for overcoming mid day lulls or evening cravings. But what do I love most about the of a bliss ball (other than the fact they take literally five minutes to whip up), you can control all of the ingredients you use! It's easy to go to the grocery store & stock up on 'organic' cookies, but if you take a closer look at those labels, often times you'll see artificial flavours & sweeteners ... not really what you had in mind, am I right. So do yourself a favour & make a batch of these delicious bliss balls! Pack them in a container & bring when you are on the run, or store them in the freezer for when that uncontrollable urge to indulge creeps up, & acknowledge what that body of yours wants (trust me, these are guilt free & you deserve a little something delish).
what you'll need:
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- In a high speed blender or food processor, pulse all ingredients until you reach a texture you are happy with (smooth or chunky).
- Make sure that when you press the mixture together, it sticks!
- Remove from blender/processor and roll 1-inch sized balls.
- Place in the refrigerator to set, approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve after chilling, or store in the refrigerator in a glass container for up to a week.
- Want them to last a little longer? Freeze in a glass container & enjoy as a chilled treat.