carob kale cookie
Kale in a cookie? Yup, you heard right! Don't worry, the kale is a subtle complement to this morning oat cookie, which is balanced with nourishing spices & fan favourites like creamy nut butter & vegan chocolate (a low sugar, low fat, no caffeine & high fibre option). The carob chip is the new chocolate chip if you ask me! And even though these little cookies are vegan, they did not last long (after all, there's no need to compromise taste for quality whole food ingredients)! The carob kale cookie is the perfect complement to your morning smoothie, bowl of yogurt, and to sandwich nut butter between ... So what are you waiting for? Get at it, the anticipation must be kale-ing you!
what you'll need:
dairy free egg:
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/4 cup h2o
- in a small glass bowl, mix all ingredients together and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set
- 1 cup oat flour (pulse oats in a blender until smooth)
- 1 cup whole oats
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (or alternative nut butter)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 generous handful carob chips
- 4 leaves frozen kale
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a high speed blender, add the kale & pulse on high until the kale leaves are finely chopped.
- In a large bowl add the oat flour, whole oats, coconut flakes, cinnamon, baking soda & salt. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl add the dairy free egg, honey, peanut butter, almond milk & kale. Stir to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 10-12 min.
- Remove from heat & enjoy with a chilled glass of almond milk.