Mint Macadamia Nut Raw Ball
Everything's better with chocolate, but not just any chocolate, raw cacao. Raw cacao is a superfood, but not just a fad superfood! It's a more powerful antioxidant than your average dairy milk chocolate bar (that milky goodness isn't the most nutritious option, hate to break it to you). So why exactly is raw cacao a more wellthy option? It contains nearly four times the antioxidant content of regular processed dark chocolate, 20 times more than blueberries, and 119 times more than bananas (i'll take 2 bars please!). Unsweetened dark cacao can be quite bitter flavour, but don't be incorporating dairy to this raw chocolate, since studies have found that adding dairy may block the absorption of antioxidants in chocolate (so defeating!). Ease into enjoying the flavour of raw cacao by pairing it coconut oil, atop this delicious raw ball, believe me, it's the most satisfying little treat when craving for something sweet pop up!
what you'll need:
- 1.5 cups cups macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scoop vital proteins collagen peptides (optional)
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp mint extract
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender & pulse on high until mixture sticks together when pinched.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for approximately 15 minutes.
- cacao powder
- coconut oil
- Over a double boiler, add the cacao powder & coconut oil.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat
- Roll the chilled raw balls in the chocolate ganache or drizzle on top.