Avocado & Smashed Egg Toast
Sometimes the most simple combinations are the most satisfying, & I don't know if there's anything that beats a slice (or two) of creamy avocado toast (it's avo-control)!
what you'll need:
- 2 slices of bread (featured here is a fig & chestnut bread)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 organic eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a non-stick pan over medium high heat, crack 2 eggs. Cook eggs to preference (sunny side up, scrambled, poached). Season the eggs with salt & pepper.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast 2 slices of bread.
- Remove the toast & spread 1 tsp of coconut oil on each slice.
- In a small town, smash your avocado (smooth or chunky). Season with salt & pepper & spread on to your coconut oil toast.
- Once your eggs are finished cooking, place one egg on each slice of avocado toast.
- tomato (fresh or sundried)
- roasted pepper
- sautéed mushrooms
- roasted beets
- feta cheese
- cashew cream cheese