Sprouted Egg Salad Wrap
A light lunch on a hot summer day can be the perfect way to satisfy your appetite without feeling weighed down by hot & heavy foods. This egg salad can easily be made in to an 'eggless' wrap by substituting out the animal protein for a plant based protein! I won't leaving you egg-ing ... there are some swap out suggestions down below to get you egg-cited about this dish, whatever your dietary preferences are!
what you'll need:
- 2 small whole wheat or grain free tortillas
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/4 sliced avocado
- 1 handful of microgreens or broccoli sprouts
- 2 tsp grainy mustard or honey mustard
- salt & pepper
- Remove the hardboiled eggs from their shell. Discard the shell & in a small bowl, mash the eggs with a fork, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add the mustard to the eggs, stir to combine. Season with salt & pepper
- Prepare your vegetables.
- Lay your tortilla on a plate. Divide the carrots in to equal parts & place in the centre of each tortilla. Do the same with the avocado & micro greens.
- Divide egg mixture between the two tortillas and place on top of your layered vegetables.
the egg swap:
- roasted chickpeas
- roasted cauliflower
- black beans
- grilled plantains
- fish or tuna (salmon or white)