Beet Root Hummus
You can't BEET this unique spin on a classic dip! Seriously, that colour & flavour, I mean it's pretty un-beet-lievable if I do say so myself.
Why beets? This root vegetable has a delicious & distinctive flavour & is of exceptional nutritional value. But what are the highlights that elevates beetroot?
- Fibre rich - favourable effects on bowel function
- Low glycemic load
- Rich in antioxidants
- Contain phytonutrients having anti-inflammatory compounds
- Support detoxification
This versatile vegetable can be:
& they can be used:
- roasted & pureed into a spread
- raw & shaved into a salad
- mashed & used as an omelette filling
- baked in to a chip or fry
- roasted & thinly sliced into a panini
what you'll need:
- 2 small roasted beets
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp ume plum vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper
- Preheat he oven to 375
- Spray beets with a light coat of coconut oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 45-60 minutes, until tender.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, & peal.
- Place the beets & all remaining ingredients in to a food processor or high speed blender and pulse on high until smooth.
- Dish & serve!