Almond Butter Oat Chip Cookie
The pre & post work-OAT cookie! Yes, it is not longer 'taboo' to eat cookies for breakfast (hallelujah). But let me clarify one thing, i'm not talking oreos, chips ahoy, or dads cookie rings ... no, no, no! I'm talking a REAL food cookie. One that contains no refined sugars, preservative or artificial colour or flavour! This cookie is gluten free, dairy free & sugar free, making it an AMAZING option to cure a craving, or simply nourish you mentally & physically for the day ahead.
Empty out your cookie jar, you'll want to stock up on these!
what you'll need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup ribboned unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the banana & added the almond butter. Combine until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, spelt flour, coconut, cinnamon, & salt. Stir until combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper & using an ice cream scoop, portion out cookies evenly.
- In the middle of each cookie, gently press a chocolate chunk into the centre.
- Place in the oven & bake for 15 minutes.
- greek yogurt
- peanut butter
- ice cream
- chilled almond milk