Apple Slice 'Doughnuts'
Sometimes I crave a fluffy fresh baked crisp golden doughnut, & when I do, I indulge! Other days, I like the idea of a doughnut but by body craves something a little more nourishing. So, what's a girl to do when you want to satisfy that craving? Well, I suggest you give these apple slice 'doughnuts' a try! They are so simple & versatile, & made from delicious whole foods that will give your body the nutrients is needs to function optimally!
what you'll need:
- 1 apple (fuji, gala, honeycrisp)
- spread of choice:
- nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut, hazelnut chocolate spread, pumpkin seed, etc.)
- cream cheese (dairy or nut based)
- yogurt (dairy or dairy free)
- unsweetened coconut
- crushed/slivered nuts
- raw crystallized ginger
- pumpkin seeds
- hemp hearts
- cacao nibs
- dried fruit (blueberries, goji berries, mulberries, cherries, etc.)
- dark chocolate
- slice your apple into 1/2" thick slices.
- Use a knife, cookie cutter or coring device to make a hole in the centre.
- Give a generous slather of your choice spread (nut butter, yogurt, cream cheese).
- Sprinkle each apple slice with your favourite toppings!
- You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
spread the wellth