Butternut Squash Spelt Muffins
I couldn't get over how AMAZING the spinach muffins turned out, so naturally I hustled back to the kitchen to see what kind of magic I could create with yet another vegetable I had stocked in the fridge (make use with what you've got food lovin' babes)! But what is the hidden ingredient featured this time around? ... Let's just say these muffins may SQUASH any cravings for anti-nutritious treats!
what you'll need:
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 oz butternut squash (I used one bag of Stahlbush Island Farms butternut squash thawed)
- 2 medium peeled banana
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
top top (optional):
- unsweetened ribboned coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a non-stick muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- In a high speed blender, combine all wet ingredients and blend until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour wet ingredients in to dry ingredients and fold together until completely incorporated.
- Fill each muffin cup approximately 2/3 full, top with unsweetened ribboned coconut, and bake for 15 min or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
spread the wellth xo