Cauliflower Lemon Muffins
Fresh cauliflower, yup, that's this weeks featured vegetable! Unusual? Maybe, but fresh cauli doesn't have a naturally strong flavour, making it a great addition to baked goods & your favourite smoothie! I like to prep a couple cauli heads at a time & portion into individual freezer bags as a quick smoothie, baking, or stir fry addition! To help the vegetable maintain its fresh white colour, cook them for the shortest possible time (until just tender) and sprinkle lemon juice over. The lemon juice helps cauli retain its bright white color and provides a flavor boost to both vegetables. Which is exactly what inspired this zesty recipe!
what you'll need:
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- juice & rind of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (200g) steamed cauliflower
- 2 medium peeled banana
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- preheat oven to 350.
- spray a non-stick muffin pan with coconut oil.
- in a medium sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients. stir until combined.
- in a high speed blender, combine all wet ingredients and blend until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- pour wet ingredients in to dry ingredients and fold together until completely incorporated.
- fill each muffin cup approximately 2/3 full and bake for 15 min or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
spread the wellth xo