Two minute chia pudding, because who has patience to wait 24 hours when they're hungry & need a mid-day energy boost ... not me!
Let's be honest, when you're hungry (or hangry, yikes), getting food & getting it FAST, quickly becomes the highest priority! How many of you have found yourself in this predicament? There's no shame, it happens to the best of us, even the most mindfully meal prepped foodies get caught up in this thing called life! There are however some seriously simple snack hacks that can help simplify your life & help keep you on track to achieve your wellthy goals.
But first, let me ask you this, when was the last time you forgot to eat? It doesn't happen to me often (i've ALWAYS got some kind of snack going), BUT when it does, it's not good news! My mood quickly takes a turn for the worst (think edgy & short), my energy DROPS, & my cravings skyrocket! Also, I find that i'm more likely to over eat & indulge in foods that I normally avoid (anyone with me)? So having food that's fast, nutrient dense, & TASTY, is absolutely ESSENTIAL! & that is where this recipe comes in handy! Two ingredients, two minutes & you're on your way! Are you ready for it? It may just change your world!
oh, & incase you're wondering, these are some of the many reasons why I LOVE chia seeds:
- High in dietary fibre – when added to water/dairy/dairy alternatives, they form a gel that can work as a prebiotic, helping to support the growth of healthy gut bacteria, as well as aid in digestion and promote bowel regularity.
- High in Omega-3 and ALA fatty acids – contains Omega-3 fats and alpha-linolenic acids which act as natural anti-inflammatories.
- Energy & Metabolism - enhances exercise performance & help boost metabolism, facilitating weight loss, specifically ft tissue around the belly.
- Rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium – to create strong bones and decrease food craving.
- Plant-based protein – important for those trying to put on lean muscle, burn fat, stabilize blood sugar & support energy.
- Aids hydration - The fibre in chia seeds helps maintain water volume, in turn, helping you stay well-hydrated and keeping electrolytes balanced.
what you'll need:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- high speed blender
- mason jar to store
- Add the entire can of chilled coconut to the blender & add chia seeds.
- Place the lid on the blender & blend on high for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the blender & store in a mason jar in the refrigerator, or eat on the go right away!
- bee pollen
- nuts & seeds
- fresh fruit
- dried fruit
- nut butter
- dark chocolate
Stay tuned for some recipe switch ups! The options are ENDLESS with this baby!
Did you recreate this recipe & love it? Share your healthy whole food additions with the rest of the wellthy community & let's keep spreading the wellth!