Famers Market Salad
I LOVE going to the farmers market to pick up produce in support of local farmers and makers! But this trip was extra fun because I was asked to do an Instagram takeover for the Calgary Farmers Market, meet the makers, pick up seasonal produce & make a delicious recipe with all the goods (literally a dream afternoon)!
Spring is here and so I wanted to do a super fresh salad with citrus infused flavours and colourful ingredients that would take less than 5 minutes to assemble (well maybe more like 20 if you're like me and are a tad particular about placement)... This is the perfect plant based side to a summery garden party or BBQ spread, but you could easily turn it in to a meal with the addition of grains, legumes or protein (plant or animal).
I hope you guys Love this salad and share the recipe with other salad lovers!
what you’ll need:
- Leafy lettuce
- sunflower shoots
- chives, finely chopped
- avocado, sliced
- blood oranges, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- basil, gently chopped
- chill lime pumpkin seeds
- strawberries, sliced
- peach white balsamic vinegar
- blood orange fused olive oil
- line a big salad bowl with the lettuce leaves
- arrange sunflower shoots, avocado, blood orange, strawberries and blueberries to add pops of colour throughout
- sprinkle with basil, chives and pumpkin seeds
- drizzle with an even split of olive oil & vinegar
- plate and enjoy!