miso ramen nourish bowl
Nourish bowls are actually my FAVOURITE food group! Seriously, they are SO versatile, allowing you to use whatever produce you have in the fridge (#reducefoodwaste) & feature local seasonal ingredients that are only available for a short time. With so many fresh & colourful vegetables available at farmers markets, I just can't help myself from making wellthy nourish bowls on the DAILY! I'm also slightly obsessed with playing with my food & arranging every ingredient in a way that really satisfies my eye hunger. Our senses play a huge role in our body's ability to digest & utilize the food nutrients we eat, & humans are very stimulated by sight. Taking time to arrange your food in an attractive or visually appealing way helps to stimulate digestive juices that contain enzymes which speed up the chemical reactions in the body and break down food into nutrients. So, whose ready to get bowlin'
what you'll need:
- 1 package of Lotus Foods forbidden rice ramen with miso soup
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup cabbage
- 4 stocks kale
- half avocado
- protein of choice (animal or plant based)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Slice cabbage into thin 'steaks,' & arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp sesame oil & sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place in the over & cook for approximately 25 minutes, flipping half way through cooking. You may require additional cooking time to achieve a nice crispy golden brown cabbage.
- Prepare the rice ramen noodles as per package directions. NOTE: I boiled my noodles in h2o without the miso seasoning. When the noodles were tender, I drained most of the water & stirred in the flavouring (less soupy & more like a noodle dish). Set noodles aside.
- Prepare protein sources as you wish. This bowl features grilled organic chicken breast, but you could easily substitute that for grilled tofu, fried egg, lentils, steak, etc.
- Remove kale leaves from the stem. Rinse well with cold h2o. Tear kale into bite size pieces & place in a small bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of sesame oil, a pinch of paprika, salt & pepper, & gently massage. Set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peal the carrot to achieve thin ribbons or carrot. Set aside.
- Remove the pit & outer skin from the avocado & slice lengthwise. Set aside.
- Arrange all ingredients in a large bowl & top with black sesame seeds.
Did you make this recipe & LOVE it? Help spread the wellth & share your nourish bowl creations over social media or comment below & tell followers how delish it was! Oh, & don't forget to tag @the_wellth on instagram! I LOVE seeing your wellthy creations!