Nut-Free Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
A chewy granola bar (that doesn't com in a wrapper) that is free of peanuts, eggs, dairy, gluten, soy and refined sugar. It doesn't crumble when you cut it and it's not sticky when you let it sit out... sounds like the PERFECT granola bar, doesn't it?
This week I made this recipe on CTV Morning Live because it's a great snack option for kids! It contains fibre rich rolled oats, fatty seed butter and f course dairy-free chocolate chips, because who doesn't love a little chocolate! Give this wellth approve recipe a try, I promise you'll love it!
What you'll need:
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin or sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup oat flour (rolled oats blended)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries (or any other dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Combine the maple syrup and seed butter to a medium bowl. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the oat flour and mix until well-incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir until all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Line a 9×9″ baking dish with parchment paper and firmly press the granola mixture into the dish. Let sit for 15-20 minutes in the fridge.
- Cut the granola bars then carefully remove. Individually wrap then store in the freezer.